Day three of the new puppy and I survived!! Olive is doing much better today. We switched her over to rice cereal to help her wean off of her mothers milk and to transition to puppy food. Also, I found a recipe for a high calorie formula for puppies to help them put on a little weight. Olive is pretty skinny. I'm pretty sure we got her malnourished and maybe a little dehydrated. She is doing really well with the new food and her new brother!!
So, this morning I milled around the house for a few hours trying to get out and go to the gym. I was feeling totally guilty about leaving the pups in their kennels for the first time. Toby is great with his kennel and he has always done really well with it. Today was Olive's first day in the kennel. I left the house long enough to go to the gym (which was amazing and much needed) and the grocery store. When I got back, she had peed and pooped all over herself. I definitely felt bad :( BUT I know she has to get used to it because I need a life as well!
After I got her all cleaned up, she was ready for a nap, so I held her and both of them fell asleep. (I swear I blog as though these two are my children.) Tonight, they've actually occupied themselves and I've been able to get the house cleaned up. I'm grateful for that!
cute blog nikki!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you blog!!! I wish you were still here so I could meet your cute little puppy... Good luck with her. Its hard training a pup, but so worth it.
ReplyDelete