Yesterday was such a fun day.
Our primary kids (we teach the elevens) were especially awesome. We've had some pretty intense classes the past few weeks, a lot of scriptures and questions, and it seemed like the kids were getting antsy. So this week, I decided to allow them to play a game the last 5 minutes if they were quiet enough and participated in the lesson. It was amazing how much better they were with participating. They actually were willing to give answers and it seemed like they retained more from the beginning of the lesson until the end. Then in sharing time, we had an amazing talk given by on of the girls in our class, she isn't a member, and a sweet and sincere prayer from a boy in our class whose family has recently returned to church. I am so proud of them and am really excited to be their teacher! I love my kids :)
Then last night we had some friends invite us over for a bbq. We had such a good time. Thanks Jill and Chris for having us over!! Then we played a fun game of Phase Ten. It turned out all of us were a bit competitive. We kept trying to get back at each other when we would get skipped. I think I ended up getting skipped about a million times (but probably one less time than Evan!!) Anyway, we really had a great time. Oh, and I think the funniest thing that happened the whole night was watching Nicole being so embarrassed by Evan's "the wave" dance moves. So funny.
Love you guys.
Good, I'm glad you had fun! So did we. We'll have to do that more often...but only if Evan promises to do the hand wave again. Amazing. And if you were wondering, we did notice you left the last piece of the pumpkin roll and we most definitely ate it immediately and were like, "score!!!"
ReplyDeleteThe music on your blog is HEAVEN! I love it!
ReplyDeleteLOL, we had fun too. I'm cringing about the wave dance right now...
ReplyDelete