So, first thing first, I really need to start packing a camera with me everywhere I go. This past week would have been the perfect time to take a lot of pictures.
We went back home to Utah over the past week to surprise Greg's dad for his 50th birthday and also, my mom's birthday is this week, so we killed two birds with one stone. During our drive to Utah, we ended up hearing our tire vibrating. I asked Greg about it and he just said everything is fine and he wanted to keep driving. Little did I know, he knew exactly what was going on, he just didn't want me to panic. Soon though, our tire was completely flat so we had to stop the car.
Now the setting... 3:30 in the morning, wind rain and snow, stopped between Beaver and Fillmore, UT. For those of you who aren't familiar, I'll just say there is NOTHING around. It is really the middle of nowhere. So Greg gets out of the car and gets out the spare tire... sure enough, no jack. At this point, we really didn't know what to do, so we called Millard County to see if they had a Sheriff who could help us. They called highway patrol and not a single officer was on duty in 2 counties. So they have a tow truck guy call us. He tells us that just to bring us a jack, he'll charge $120. Um, no thanks.
I decide it would be a good idea if Greg would flag down a car, we could borrow a jack and we'd be on our way, right? WRONG. No one would stop. It WAS 3:30 in the morning, but still... we needed help. Greg decided we should probably just sleep it out until morning when we'd have a better chance of flagging someone down... So, we kick back our seats, spread out a blanket and try to sleep... you know how babies like rocking? Well, we don't like rocking. Every time a semi truck would drive by, our car would shake and we'd have to start over trying to fall asleep.
A couple of hours later, a big flatbed tow truck pulls up in front of us. He says he can pull the car to his gas station and fix the tire for $100. Not ideal, but YES, we will be saved. So, he has us put the car in neutral and he pulls the car up onto the flatbed. Then tells us to stay in the car and we'll be there in a little bit. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? So we rode 30 miles on dirt roads to his gas station IN the car, ON the flatbed. It was pretty crazy and definitely memorable.
That was just one of many interesting and funny things that happened this week. There are more things going on in our lives right now which will be spoken of soon...but not quite yet. So, until next time!!
Oh my gosh. I'm glad you made it okay. That is a story you will never forget and you will tell it over and over.
ReplyDeleteOh ha ha! That's so funny! I could totally see Aaron and I going through something like that. And you have me curious about the end of this entry....more things going on?? :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so crazy! That seems like something out of a movie! I'm glad he wasn't an ax murderer! Love you!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! That's crazy. So I guess my text would have been better for the drive there. I'm glad you're alive. :o)
ReplyDeleteFunny! Every time I'm driving in a deserted area, I fear having car trouble. At least you were together. Glad you made it safe and could come home for such fun celebrations. Happy Birthday to your mom and Greg's dad! Can't wait to hear what else you have to share with us! ;)
ReplyDeleteHoly TAmoly! I would totally be freaking out! haha! I'm glad you're ok. Gotta love those kinds of memories. They last forever! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I am cracking up right now!!! I can't believe all that hapenned, I would have been crying. Love that you drove on the flat bed in your car...WHAT!? That's insane. Glad you guys are ok and didn't get kidnapped or something.
ReplyDelete