Friday, July 9, 2010

Frrrozen Hot Chocolate

My husband thinks this is an oxymoron. How can it be frozen AND hot chocolate? Well, just taste it! So it was my turn to plan the APX wednesday wives activity (I lost a grueling round of rock-paper-scissors) and I had no idea what to do for the activity. Somehow, making frozen hot chocolate came into my head and am I ever glad it did! Here is the recipe ladies!! (with my adjustments)


This is the Serendipity 3 recipe, straight from Oprah...

Frrrozen Hot Chocolate
•6 pieces (1/2-ounce) chocolate (I used milk chocolate symphony)
•2 teaspoons store-bought hot chocolate mix
•1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
•1 1/2 cups milk
•3 cups ice
•Whipped cream
•Chocolate shavings

Directions:

Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Place it in the top of a double boiler over simmering water (I used the microwave). Stir occasionally until melted. Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and slowly add ½ cup of milk until smooth. Cool to room temperature.

In a blender, place the remaining cup of milk, the room-temperature chocolate mixture and the ice (at this point, I added 2 more spoonfuls of hot cocoa powder and some extra ice). Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a giant goblet and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Enjoy! This turned out to be DELICIOUS!

(oh, and fyi, Greg and I have agreed to call this frozen cocoa in our household)

2 comments:

  1. love love LOVED it! Add some pampering, and you found yourself a perfect activity. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete