Wednesday, July 28, 2010

twenty.five





Yesterday was my 25th birthday. 

I had so much fun and was reminded just how blessed I am to have wonderful friends and family.  I found something so special about people remembering me and expressing their love and happiness toward me.  Thank you everyone who made my day so meaningful!  Here is a little recap of how it went down...

It all started Monday night, Greg and I went out for a nice dinner at Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse.  I had the prime rib and Greg got lobster.  It was the first time he'd eaten a whole lobster, so we had to GOOGLE 'how to eat a lobster' and we found a website with step by step instructions and pictures.  We had a great time and lots of laughs as he ate 'lobby lobster', as i called him the whole night...

 

Tuesday morning (birthday morning) Greg woke up with the pups and let me stay in bed.  That was a great surprise and was very thoughtful of him.  I woke up and made cinnamon rolls (from a can) and we watched a movie and just hung around the house until Greg had to leave for work.  Greg absolutely spoiled me this year with birthday gifts.  I wasn't expecting much and (even though I found out about all of the gifts beforehand) I was overwhelmed with some wonderful things!  He got me a new Nikon digital camera (to enhance your blogging experience), a flexpod tri pod for the camera, a digital picture frame, a watch (ALDO, like his) and an adorable custom messenger bag from Timbuk2.  I love everything he gave me, especially love and attention and making sure I was happy and smiling the whole day!


Soon came part 2 of the birthday spectacular.  The lovely ladies here in delaware decided to throw me a pool party.  We ate pizza, played in the pool, and had so much fun.  I loved every second of it and am so grateful for such amazing friends!!  Also, thanks Katie and Kindra for earrings and GLEE!!!



Part 3 of the day came quickly (a little too quick, I wish my birthday could last forever)... Greg and I went to the mall and bought a few clothes and went for some dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  I stuffed myself with my favorite salad (the bbq ranch chicken salad) and brought home some yummy cheesecake.  After I got home, I hopped on facebook to find 77 (yes seventy seven) birthday comments from friends and family!!  This was such a surprise and made me feel very special.  Being away from home, it was just what I needed.  So thank you so much fb friends!!

and finally, I got some cash from my family (thanks mom and nana and jim) and have some fun plans for the money.  Let me just say, I LOVE the store Anthropologie, but I rarely shop there because it is expensive, and lets face it, I love a good bargain.  So I've found some shirts I'm in love with, and am trying to decide which one to get.  Trust me, this will be a fantastic purchase, I'm super excited!!



THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

to everybody!  I loved my birthday and couldn't have asked for anything more!

3 comments:

  1. We love you! What a fun birthday you had! Love that camera, the pictures it takes are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! What a happy day! I'm glad you enjoyed it! p.s love those shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday! You're right, you did get spoiled! Those shirts are all cute, but my vote goes for the green one :)

    ReplyDelete