Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy fathers day!

The end of June, my mind is always filled with thoughts and memories of my dad.  Fathers Day and his birthday are less than a week apart.

Happy Fathers Day to my poppa.  I miss you, and I think about you a lot.  Really, everyday.

I think about how you always made sure I knew you loved me.

You were so proud of me, I could see it in your eyes and hear it in your voice.  (maybe I didn't deserve all of the praise, but from you, I was happy to take it.)

When I would get off the airplane, you'd always  hold my hand.  You'd walk with your head held high, like I was the best thing about  your day... and I think you really felt that way.

I love your love of music.  Something about it, whether on the radio, live, or being played by us, would always put a shine in your eye and a huge grin on  your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment