I'm finally getting further along on the 30 day blog challenge I started at the beginning of December.
Day 22 is a letter to someone who has hurt me recently. Let me give a little background... I hopefully will never see this person again in my life, and also, hope to have the drama ending soon. This person lives far away. I will never run into this person at the grocery store. There is no way this person would come across my blog, so if you think it could be you, it cannot.
Dear person who has recently hurt me...
When we first met, I had an extreme amount of trust and respect for you. I felt like you truly cared about people, and would make sacrifices to show that to my husband and I. You said meaningful things. We attended your son's first birthday. Meeting you seemed too good to be true. Greg and I were looking, and you showed up.
I don't want to slander, and list all of the things you have done to betray us. It just makes me angry. Not to mention, the things you did to betray our friends and others in our situation. I saw my husband harboring such negative feelings toward you, which I am so blessed, he has been able to begin to let go. I do want to express that even though your dealings were mostly with Greg, they hurt me immensely. This experience was the first in my life, where I saw flat out betrayal, slander, backstabbing, and cowardice. You have gone out of your way to hurt people where there is NO gain for you. It is shocking to me, that you are okay with yourself.
So now, I have to put this behind me. I don't think I've come to the point where I can forgive you for what you have done (and are doing). I have, however, begun to walk away from the situation. I understand that in this life, we are judged by how we treat others. I am not the one to judge your actions, but can say this... I don't want to be around to see the things you will be accountable for. So now, may we part ways. I will continue to work on forgiving and forgetting... if for nothing else, for my own good.
No comments:
Post a Comment