I have always been a huge fan of Pandora radio. I've loved how I just enter an artist, and by giving the thumbs up to a couple of songs, Pandora knows just what I like! I've even been able to find new artists who I like, and hey, how else would I have found them?
But you know, lately I've been wanting more new music. I would say I tend to listen to more independent type music... indie rock, acoustic, folk... There is something about these types of music that connect. Maybe its the history of guitar and bluegrass in the relationship between my dad and I. Anyhow, sometimes it is hard to find new artists and songs.
I was surfing the web via http://www.stumbleupon.com/ (which is a whole other love of mine) and came across a music site called http://www.8tracks.com/. I cannot express how in love with it I am. On the site, you can narrow down the type of music you like by genre. Then, members create an 8 track playlist with a certain theme. These playlists are narrowed down as you search by genre. Let me just say. These people are geniuses. I haven't found a better place yet to share new music and be able to listen to the entire songs.
I just had to share this little gem, I hope someone loves it as much as I do.
Well said, and I completely agree. Thanks for the tip, Music is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to check it out! You always have such great music... currently I'm loving this redo from Alanis. :) I'm always looking for great music. My latest favorite has been Amazon "Sessions" Live acoustic performances but their all pretty mainstream.
ReplyDelete